Online Tangent Ratio Converter
Note: Gemstone Design Conversion Using the Tangent Ratio Method provides a primer and explanation of tangent ratio conversion for beginners or more experienced faceters who would like to review the tangent ratio algorithm and calculations which are automatically performed by this online converter.
Using the Online Tangent Ratio Converter:
- Enter optional notes, such as "Tangent ratio conversion for 'Sparkler' from 39° mains to 42° mains".
- Enter the existing angle for a reference facet on the design. For example, if you wanted to change the existing angle on the mains from 39° to 42°, enter 39.00 for the 'Original Reference Angle'. (Reference facets must have angles greater than 0° and less than 90°.)
- Enter the desired angle for the reference facet as the new reference angle. In the given example, change the angle of the mains to 42° by entering 42.00 for the 'New Reference Angle'.
- Enter the rest of the angles for other facets to be proportionately scaled on the the existing design as 'Angle1', 'Angle2', 'Angle3', etc. You can just leave any unneeded angle fields on the form blank.
- Click the 'Submit for Processing' button at the bottom of the form when you've finished entering all the angles.
- If you want hardcopy of the computed angles, just print out the results page using your browser's print function.
Perfect Transfer Index
Table of Contents