Re: Cleaning Copper Rock?
I agree with the Tarn-X treatment for one piece of copper. We use more involved acid treatment involving Sulfamic acid and Copper Brite for large quantities of copper. After using the Tarn-X you can do a quick dip in Copper Brite (which hinders re-tarnishing), if you can find it. Caution-if you use Copper brite you only need to dip copper a fraction of a second. Rinse with lots of water immediately. I use acid gloves and eye protection also.
From Donald REED - October 19, 2010 at 08:29:28