Re: How to clean Native Copper?
Thee copper is usually placed in a diluted acid. I usually use Muriatic acid (low grade hydrochloric acid and much cheaper) Then I give it a quick rinse and then 10 to 15 seconds in nitric acid. this really brightens it up. Careful when using acids especially nitic acid. Always have lots of cold water handy in case of any spills. The copper must be washed thoroughly in cold water. Then it can be placed in Brite Dip or similar copper bright solutions. I usually purchased my dip from a rock shop while in the Keweenaw Peninsula. Others here on this board can provide you with more info. Lloyd
From Lloyd Brown - August 10, 2007 at 12:16:27